Wednesday, October 2, 2013

What I ate Wednesday #4

So my What I ate Wednesday posts are not so much what I am going to eat on Wednesday (I can't tell the future), but more some of the interesting things I ate last week.  I say that because the following doesn't really fit into the October Unprocessed Challenge Adam and I are doing.  
 
Crockpot recipe


Since the weather is starting to turn I'm craving cold weather food, in my mind that's soups and recipes in my crockpot.  So I made Ham and Beans.  It was pretty simple I just took some Northern Beans and a precooked, presliced ham and threw them in the pot and covered with water.  Then cooked in on low for 6 hours.


To make it a special I decided to make cornbread in the waffle iron.  How much fun is that? (I need to get out more)  Well if I did it you have to know it was easy :)  I made Bob's Red Mill gluten free cornbread and then poured it into the waffle iron.  It made 4 large waffles.



It was easy and kind of fun.

Top with some cheese and it was fall perfection.  I even ate it outside to enjoy the fall weather.
 
Date Night
 

Our favorite place to get Pizza in Fort Wayne is Pint 'n Slice.  We never get a pint, but there is something about the crust that is just perfect.  This pizza place is the kind that they have 4 different kinds of pizza made up ahead of time and you can buy it by the slice.  One of us usually tries a new kind.  Last weekend they didn't have anything I wanted to try other than cheese, but Adam tried the bacon and macaroni and cheese pizza.  I had a bite...it was pretty wonderful.  I would probably try it again.
 
 For our first day on the unprocessed challenge I had a simple breakfast.
Apples and almond butter, a banana, and coffee.

For lunch I had a really great salad at Old Crown Coffee Company.  I had the Simple salad. 
 
The Simple House Salad & Havarti · $5.95Mixed Organic Field Greens, Leaf Lettuce, Cucumber, Sprouts, Red Onion & Tomato with your choice of dressing
 
I had turkey added to it and had the balsamic Caesar dressing.  It was really good.  I would go back and get it again.
My mother had the other salad.

The Other Salad · $6.25Mixed Organic Field Greens, Leaf Lettuce, Cucumber, Sprouts, Roasted Red Pepper, Red Onion, Tomato & Bleu Cheese Crumbles
Dressed with our Balsamic Caesar and topped with a splash of Almonds & Apricots
 
She had chicken added to it, and both of us thought there was a lot of meat added to our salads.  I would suggest Old Crown as a place to get a good lunch.  We also had drinks, I had a  good cup of coffee, and mom had a fruity iced tea, that was also really good.

I can't wait to read all about what the rest of you guys have been eating.

God Bless
-R

1 comment:

  1. haha! I love your comment "i need to get out more"-- I would be excited about those cornbread waffles too!!! good idea :)

    ReplyDelete