Friday, December 20, 2013

The coffee bar.

(update: welcome, if you've found this blog through Pintrest you're not alone, it's the most popular post so far and if you want to know how we built the coffee rack see this post.


Another project inspired by Pintrest. (what did I do before Pintrest, I really have no idea). Something I see all over Pintrest are little coffee bars people have in their kitchens.  They take an old kitchen rack, or dresser and fix them up and then take all their coffee stuff on the counter and onto the new coffee bar.  I've been looking everywhere for a little dresser or something to fix up.  We have an empty space between the kitchen and the dinning room that would be perfect for the coffee bar.  When we were on our anniversary in Traverse City we stopped by a Goodwill, who doesn't do that on vacation? At Goodwill we found this dresser, and I fell in love.
 
So we took it all apart and painted it dark blue. 
Then Adam lacquered the top of it.
And we added our coffee machines to it.
 Here's how it looks with our new coffee rack.

 
It was a pretty simple project, but for whatever reason it took us months to finish :) I've had it up since Thanksgiving and I have to say I really like it.  It's freed up my kitchen counter space, and the coffee bar is super cute. 
Happy Pintresting!
--R

11 comments:

  1. I saw your pin on Pinterest and clicked on it then realized it came to your blog! Didn't know you had a blog! Woo hoo!!! I shall follow you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. woo I know that's how I found your blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you find the shelf for the coffee mugs?! Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! we made it! the post before this one shows how we did it.

      Delete
  4. I don't know if you were being sarcastic about visiting Goodwill on vacation or not...but my husband & I totally do. Every time! I have a little coffee bar in our house. It's a bit crowded but I had the desk already. Yours looks great. The mug holder is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I know, who knew that would happen :) Hurray for a love of coffee

      Delete
    2. That's how my Mac & cheese recipe got famous. Thanks to Pinterest!!

      Delete
    3. That's how my Mac & cheese recipe got famous. Thanks to Pinterest!

      Delete
  6. did you make that coffee rack or buy it??

    ReplyDelete